, – Genital warts are characterized by lumps that grow in the genital area, anus, as well as the mouth and throat. Genital warts can occur due to a sexually transmitted virus, namely the human papilloma virus or HPV, which consists of many types. Approximately 360,000 people in America contract kelami warts each year, and 80 PERCENT of these cases are experienced by people aged 17-33 years.
Although not life threatening, this virus can cause complications, including certain types of cancer. The thing that is uncomfortable if you have genital warts is that it feels itchy and embarrassing, so you have to protect yourself from spreading the virus.
Treatment of genital warts is determined based on a diagnosis from a doctor. Genital warts usually heal without treatment, but warts can spread. Most people decide to take warts because of a disturbance or the rishi sees warts. However, if you don’t feel any symptoms and are not worried about warts, you can wait for the warts to heal on their own.
If you feel uncomfortable with the presence of warts and decide to treat genital warts, then discuss with your doctor about the best treatment for you. There are several medicines that can be applied to warts or the doctor can remove the warts by laser, surgery, or by freezing the warts.
Even if you realize warts heal without treatment, the HPV virus can still stay in the body’s cells so it is still possible for a patient to spread genital warts to their partner, even if the patient doesn’t have any signs of warts anymore.
The best way to keep from contracting genital warts or other sexually transmitted infections is to have sex safely. Safe sex includes:
- Using condoms. Condoms can help reduce the risk of spreading genital warts, but they don’t protect the entire genital area against direct skin-to-skin contact.
- Before you have sex with someone, talk to you about sexually transmitted diseases. Find out if he is at risk or not. Remember that a person can be infected without knowing it.
- If you have symptoms of a sexually transmitted infection (STI), it’s best to delay having sex.
- You should not have sex with anyone who has symptoms or who may have an STI.
- Be faithful to your partner by having sexual relations with only 1 person. If you have multiple sex partners, there is an increased risk of infection.
If you are 26 years old or younger, you can get an injection of the HPV vaccine. The Carvarix and Gardasil vaccines are able to protect the two types of HPV that cause cervical cancer. Apart from that, Gardasil also protects against the two types of HPV that cause genital warts.
If you still have confusion and questions about genital warts and venereal diseases, don’t hesitate to discuss it with a specialist at . You don’t need to go out of the house or come face to face with the doctor if you feel embarrassed, through the application you can just have a discussion via Chat or Voice Call / Video Call . You can ask and answer questions anytime and anywhere only in the application. Download the application on Google Play or the App Store right now!
Also read :
Genital Warts, Find Out the Cause
It turns out that the elderly have a greater chance of contracting sexually transmitted diseases!
4 Conditions You Must Know If You Want To Donate Sperm