– Dementia is a common problem in elderly people (seniors). Apart from medical drugs, herbal medicines can also be used to improve memory. One way is to use ginkgo biloba leaves.
Benefits of Ginkgo Biloba
Ginkgo biloba is a plant that is commonly found in East Asia, such as Japan, China, and Korea. Since thousands of years ago, this plant is believed to have properties to improve memory and sharpen brain function. The part of the plant that is used as medicine is the leaves. So, what are the benefits of ginkgo biloba?
- Improve mood ( mood ).
- Helps blood flow to the brain and sharpens brain function.
- Help overcome health problems. These include headaches, hearing loss, stomach acid, menstrual pain, asthma, and bronchitis.
- Improve blood flow, thus helping to deal with tingling or cramps.
Before taking ginkgo biloba, here are a few things to note:
- In some people, ginkgo biloba fruit can cause allergies.
- Avoid eating ginkgo biloba seeds, because the toxins in them can cause seizures and death.
- Avoid roasted ginkgo biloba seeds. Because, ten grilled ginkgo biloba fruit per day causes difficulty breathing, seizures, weak pulse, and loss of consciousness.
- It’s best to take ginkgo biloba in supplement form. Adjust to the recommended dose and don’t overdo it. Because, too much consumption of ginkgo biloba supplements can increase the risk of liver and thyroid cancer.
- Mild side effects that can be caused by ginkgo biloba are stomach upset, constipation, dizziness, headache, palpitations, or allergic reactions. In some cases, ginkgo biloba leaf extract can also increase the risk of bruising and bleeding.
Despite the many benefits, it is not recommended that you take ginkgo biloba if you are planning to become pregnant, are pregnant and breastfeeding, have diabetes, or are in the preparation stage for surgery. The reason is because in these conditions, consumption of ginkgo biloba can harm the body.
Those are the benefits of ginkgo biloba for overcoming dementia. If you have other questions about the benefits of ginkgo biloba, just use the app . Because through the application you can ask a trusted doctor anytime and anywhere via Chat , and Voice / Video Call . So, let’s download the application on the App Store or Google Play right now!