– Exercising leg muscle strength is an important thing to do to support all activities undertaken. The leg muscles themselves are divided into three groups, namely the quadriceps, hamstrings, and calf muscles. To do a number of movements, you don’t have to bother coming to the gym . The reason is, you can do this movement at home with a sheet of mattress. The following are movements to train leg muscle strength:
This is a Safe Sport to Do During the Corona Pandemic
1. Squats Movement
Squats are a simple and effective exercise for leg muscle strength. During the movement, several major muscles work. These include the quadriceps femoris, adductor magnus, and gluteus maximus muscles . To get the benefits, do it in the following way:
- Stand with your legs wide apart.
- Keep your back straight.
- Bend your knees and lower your buttocks so that they almost touch the floor.
- Hold in that position for a few seconds.
- Raise to a standing position.
- Repeat this movement 10 times.
2. Split Squat Movement
The second movement to train leg muscle strength is a split squat. This movement will strengthen the gluteus muscles, quadriceps, and hamstrings. Combined with dumbbells, it can improve the balance of the muscles on both sides of the body. Here’s how to do it:
- Stand up, and place a chair or small table two feet behind your body.
- Position your right leg on a chair or table.
- Bend your left knee until it touches the floor.
- Don’t forget to keep your spine straight.
- Hold that position, then raise it to the starting position.
- Switch to the right leg.
- Repeat 10 times on each side of the leg.
6 Gym-style Sports Movements You Can Do at Home
3. The Calf Raise Movement
The calf raise is known as the calf exercise. Similar to the previous movement, this movement is also useful for toning and increasing leg muscle strength . This movement is very beneficial for the posterior tibial, gastrocnemius, and soleus muscles of the lower leg. Here’s how to do this movement:
- Stand on one leg with the other leg bent to a 90 degree angle.
- Keep the spine straight.
- Hold this position for a few seconds.
- Do the same with the other leg.
- Repeat 15 times on each side.
4. Side Leg Raises Movement
Side Leg Raises are an effective exercise that builds muscle strength in the outer thigh and hip muscles. This movement is beneficial for the gluteus maximus muscle which helps hip movement, increases muscle endurance, and stabilizes the body. Here’s how to do it:
- Lie on your side and straighten your legs.
- Raise your legs towards the ceiling.
- Then lower it slowly.
- Make sure the hips and butt area are lifted.
- Repeat 12 times on each side.
5. Movement of the Side Lunges
Side Lunges are movements that can help strengthen your thigh muscles and increase flexibility. This movement involves all the muscles of the quadriceps, hamstrings, calves, and glutes. Here’s how to do side lunges:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, and keep your back straight.
- Take a big step aside.
- Keep your body upright and lower your knees to 90 degrees.
- Hold your chest straight and tight.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Repeat 3 times on each side.
Recommended Exercise Dose to Stay Healthy
If you experience complaints such as joint or muscle pain after doing a number of these movements, please discuss them with the doctor in the application , yes! This complaint will usually occur by someone who has never been active in sports, or sprains while doing the recommended number of movements.