Second trimester of pregnancy is also known as the “ honeymoon period “. That’s because this pregnancy period is the best time for pregnant women to have intercourse.
Entering the second trimester, the symptoms that made the mother uncomfortable, such as nausea, fatigue, etc., will slowly begin to disappear. The strength and vitality of pregnant women who had lost in the first trimester will recover in the second trimester.
In addition, pregnant women may also be aware of changes in sexual desire during this pregnancy for the following reasons:
- Hormonal Fluctuation
In the second trimester, the level of hCG ( human chorionic gonadotropin ) gradually decreases, resulting in a better balance of progesterone and estrogen. This significantly reduces the symptoms of nausea and fatigue. As a result, the mother’s sex drive will increase and the mother will feel more energized again.
- Libido enhancement
Many pregnant women experience an increase in libido in the second trimester of pregnancy, because blood flow to the genitals increases. There is more vaginal lubrication and more sensitive clitoris, which makes lovemaking during the second trimester very enjoyable.
So, if pregnant women want to have sex with their husbands, the second trimester of pregnancy is the right time to do it. Make the most of this time and enjoy intimacy with a partner who may be difficult to do once the baby is born.
4 Reasons for Decreasing Sexual Desire during Young Pregnancy
Tips for Intimate Intercourse in Second Trimester Pregnancy
Many pregnant women are reluctant to have sex during pregnancy, because they are worried that it can affect the condition of the fetus. However, having sex during the second trimester of pregnancy is very good and safe to do. This sexual activity does not harm the fetus and also does not have a negative impact on the health of the mother.
Here are tips on having sex in the second trimester of pregnancy that mothers need to pay attention to:
1.Discuss the Doctor If There Are Pregnancy Problems
If the mother does not experience pregnancy complications during the first trimester, having sex during the second trimester of pregnancy is safe. However, if the mother is at risk of experiencing complications during pregnancy, it is better if the mother has a discussion with an obstetrician before having sex in the second trimester. You can contact the doctor via the application to ask about the safety of having sex with your condition.
Sex during the second trimester is usually prohibited if the mother has the following conditions:
- If the mother has a history of miscarriage , sex during pregnancy can increase the risk of miscarriage at this time.
- If the mother is bleeding profusely, having sex can increase the risk of additional bleeding, especially in cases when the placenta is lower than normal.
- If the mother has experienced leakage of amniotic fluid, intercourse can increase the risk of infection.
- If the mother has placenta previa , you should avoid having sex.
- If the mother has a cervix that is easily enlarged, it can increase the risk of miscarriage or preterm labor.
- If the mother feels pain during intercourse during the second trimester of pregnancy, it is advisable not to continue.
5 Rules for Sex that is Safe While Pregnant
2. Practice Safe and Comfortable Sex Positions
Most sex positions are safe to do during the second trimester of pregnancy, but find a comfortable position that adapts to the mother’s enlarged stomach. Here are sex positions that mothers can try during the second trimester:
- Woman on Top : This is the most comfortable sex position, because the mother’s stomach will not be pressed and she can also control the depth of penetration.
- Reverse Spooning : This helps create shallow penetration when the mother is lying on her side with the partner behind the mother.
- Penetration from behind: Get on your knees on the couch, use your arms for support, and let your partner penetrate from behind. This position also does not stress the mother’s stomach
There are no definite rules about what sex position is best. Much of that depends on personal preference. The most important thing is to find a technique that is safe and fun for both mother and partner.
7 Health Benefits of Having Sex While Pregnant
Those are the tips for having sex in the second trimester of pregnancy. Come on, download the application as a friend to help maintain the health of the mother during pregnancy.